J. Alexander’s Restaurant

This past Saturday my husband and I went to J. Alexander’s Restaurant in West Bloomfield. I LOVE this place and can’t say enough good things about it. My husband and I go there about once a month. As always, the food and service was top notch.

To drink I always get is the Grey Goose Cosmo. This Cosmo is awesome. You will get an extra amount that they put in a cute mini glass vase sitting in ice on the side. It’s enough to refill the martini glass. Virtually you get two drinks for the price of one. I promise, the bartender makes it perfectly, every time. I was so excited to taste my drink, I didn’t even take a picture.


The food is always good. They chefs are always spot on. This time I got the Alex Salad, a chopped Salad with mixed greens, cucumber, tomato, shredded cheddar cheese, crunchy bacon and croutons. I love the croutons, but this time, I requested no croutons. And as always, the dressing on the side. Still an wonderful salad even without the beloved croutons. Everything is chopped down to bite size, no need to cut anything up.


I also got the Crab Cakes. They were amazing! So much crab meat and full of flavor. Barely any filler at all in these cakes. Its defiantly worth the price. These crab cakes come with the most wonderful fries…but I was trying to eat less carbs that day, so I nixed the fries and ordered the vegetable of the day, Haricot Vert (French thin, uncut string beans sautéed with garlic and slivered almonds). They were cooked perfectly. Al dente, with a little bite to them. No mushy veggies for me. They were simply delicious, I didn’t even miss the fries.

Comments