Chicken with Creamy Chive Sauce

This past Sunday I was looking to cook chicken, but I wanted to try something new.  This recipe was decent. Honestly, it was a little bland to me.  I don’t really like chicken breast, so I wanted to substitute with chicken tenderloins. Went to the store, and guess what?....they were out! So instead I used boneless, skinless chicken thighs. I trimmed the fat and cut them in half.  The chicken is soggy because it’s sitting in the sauce. If I were to make this again, I will fully cook the chicken separately, then leave the sauce on the side to pour on top or not flour the chicken at all.  If you just cook it plane without any kind of coating, it would get rid of the mushiness.  Also, I would cut the recipe in half because in my humble opinion, it’s not so good as leftovers.  Lastly, for some reason my sour cream did not break down 100%, there were little dots of sour cream floating around….strange. 

I served this with hot crash potatoes and broccoli.  Unfortunately for me, I had to eat this three times myself and threw out one serving to get rid of it. The hubby didn’t eat it again (apparently he didn’t really like it)… Beside the oniony blandness it should be noted that it taste better the first night.  I believe that this could be tweaked into tasting more flavorful, but I’m not sure it would be worth the effort..thus 2 forks.


Source: Chicken with Creamy Chive Sauce
Rating: 2 forks

Comments