Recipe Tips: Take Your Spaghetti Sauce To The Next Level With Chorizo!



Spanish Chorizo! I've never had it before and I've been wanting to try it.  I made my standard meat spaghetti sauce with a twist! I usually use one pound ground sirloin and one pound hot Italian Sausage, yes, we like meaty sauce!  I wanted a little more spice this time and I knew the Italian Sausage wouldn't cut it.  While perusing the meat case, I spotted the Chorizo, it was ground and sold by the pound, which was perfect.  I decided to give it a try because both my hubby and I like a little spice.  It turned out wonderful!!! I can not say enough about it. It gave the sauce a new dimension and was so flavorful, yet not too hot. For us, it was just a little kick of heat, not much.  All the other ingredients tone it down.
May I suggest, if you are looking for a little something to change up your sauce once in a while, give Spanish Chorizo a try and replace half of your meat with it. I know I'll be using it often in my sauce!  Now that I know we love the stuff, I'll be trying it in some other dishes too.


Comments