Spaghetti Pie

Sunday: Spaghetti Pie, Garlic Bread and Salad

Decent. Dear husband requested this meal. I think he was feeling nostalgic and wanted something that his mom used to cook. Personally have never eaten spaghetti pie. I found the recipe and showed him the pictures from others who’d cooked the dish. He saw it in a pie dish and requested that I make it in a 9x13 dish like his mom did. No problem. I pretty much followed the recipe with a few changes. I don’t care for cottage cheese so I used low fat Ricotta instead. I also used Italian seasonings instead of just oregano. I ended up using much more spaghetti than it called for, but I offset it with more butter and parmesan cheese. If I make this again, I’ll use the correct amount of spaghetti. Anyways, it taste pretty good and it was pretty easy to make. So…when the hubby feels like going down memory lane, I don’t have a problem cooking this type of stuff once in a while.

Source: Spaghetti Pie
Rating: 3 forks

Comments