Smothered Pork Chops & Crash Hot Potatoes

Smothered Pork Chops.
This recipe was so close, yet so far from its potential. I usually love Tyler’s recipes, but I honestly can’t believe that so many people rated this 5 starts on foodnetwork.com. I was very disappointed with this gravy. I’ve got to say the seasonings on the meat was spot on, BUT this gravy wasn’t that good. After tasting this, its crystal clear I don’t like oil based gravy. Not only was it bland, the consistency was kind of greasy. I kept whisking away hoping it would change. No such luck. I added more flour, no such luck. I gave up and settled on the consistency the way it was. After it was made, I tasted it and it was gross! So bland and oily! Side note: Remember always taste your food! Anyways, I had to add a good amount more of onion powder, garlic powder, salt and pepper to it to make it edible. Then I didn’t use much of it at all over the chops. I just basically finished cooking them in it and that was it.

Overall, I liked the smothered pork chops so next time I’ll make some major changes to the gravy because I know it can be done better.

Additional notes: I watched the video of him preparing this dish the day after I made this and he used WAY less than ¼ cup of EVOO which his recipe says to use. That may have been the issue with the gravy, too much oil…if you make this, be sure to view and then copy the video method, ignore the amount of oil the recipe says to use.

Source: http://www.foodnetwork.com/recipes/tyler-florence/smothered-pork-chops-recipe/index.html
Rating: 3 forks



Up Next, Crash Hot Potatoes!

YUM! Thank you Pioneer Woman! They are really good and not much work….and a little bit dangerous! I’m saying dangerous because I ate four of this little suckers. Must have control over the potatoes! LOL I’ll be making these again.

Source: http://thepioneerwoman.com/cooking/2008/06/crash-hot-potatoes/
Rating: 5 forks

Comments