Roasted String Beans


Let's eat!

A few nights ago I made roasted string beans for the first time. One word. Awesomeness.  I read several recipes to get a vibe of how to cook it and came up with my own variation.  Take out the bacon, and voila! You have a vegetarian friendly side.






Costco Salmon...my secret weapon!

With this I served one of my favorite short cuts...Salmon, prepped by Costco!!! Yay Costco! This salmon is in the deli area. It's fresh salmon topped with a herb butter and fresh dill.  All you do it bake it and it's ready to go.  I found that I only need to add a light sprinkle of salt.  It's so good I even served it as an additional protein at Christmas dinner.




Here's My Recipe:


fresh out of the oven
1 lb of washed string beans
Drizzle of EVOO
Kosher salt
Fresh cracked black pepper
2 piece of bacon, cut into small pieces

Preheat oven for 450 degrees.  Toss string beans in EVOO.  Lay on a foil covered baking sheet.  Sprinkle with salt and pepper.  I then sprinkle the cut bacon over top. 
 

prior to roasting

Bake for 10 minutes then take tongs and toss the beans and bacon around on the sheet and spread back out evenly.  Bake for 10 more minutes.  Serve immediately.

Source: Me!, original recipe
Rating: 5 forks

Comments