White Bean Chicken Chili


Last week I broke out the crock pot!  White bean chicken chili! It was delish.  I didn’t really like any of the recipes I found, so I worked one out myself, and it was wonderful.  The jalapenos provide a slight kick when you eat it on the day that it’s made…even more heat the next day when you reheat it.  Be careful with the heat, because it increased over time.  Here’s what I did.

Throw all of the following ingredients into the pot, stir, then cook on low for 10 hours.

1 pound of raw chicken breast, cut into bit size cubes
2, 15 oz cans Northern Beans
1, 1.7 oz an of green chilies
1, 4 oz can of jalapenos (I used half the can)
1 ½ cups of low sodium chicken broth
1-2 cloves garlic, minced (I eyeballed it)
1 small yellow onion, diced
1 cup of frozen whole kernel corn
1 Tbsp chili powder
1 Tbsp cumin
1 tsp oregano
Salt & pepper to taste

Tip: To help thicken the chili a little bit, I rinsed and mashed 1 of the cans of beans.

Source: Me!, Original Recipe

Rating: 4 forks

Comments