Grilled Asparagus and Feta Salad

I made this salad for a food and wine pairing event for one of my book clubs.  If you want to see more about the event, head over to my personal blog, and check it out!

My dish was eaten along with a Parmesan Crusted Tilapia, and it was a perfect pairing with white wine Vouvray 2011 LaForcine Demi Sec.  This salad is mild flavored and fresh tasting salad. I needed to add a lot more salt and pepper than what the recipe called for. Next time, I would throw in a few sliced baby tomatoes. The tomatoes would have brightened up the dish and added an additional needed acidic note. Next time, I also would use a block of feta and break it up myself instead of the pre-crumbled feta.  Clearly it's not very pretty!  Using a blog of feta would have allowed me to break the cheese up into larger chunks.




If you try this, let me know what you think!

Source: Roasted Asparagus & Feta Salad
Rating: 4 forks


Here are the rest of the wines we sampled along with the courses!
Cheers!

   

Comments