Salmon Croquettes and Three Cheese Garlic Scalloped Potatoes

Tuesday night I made Salmon Croquettes…and they were awesome! That was my third time making them and every time they get better. So much so, I’ve finalized my recipe. Both hubby and I LOVED these. They were so good. Perfectly cooked, crunchy outside, moist inside and perfectly seasoned.

Along with my amazing salmon croquettes, I decided to cook Three Cheese Garlic Scalloped potatoes. Sadly, I we didn’t enjoy this dish as much as I hoped we would. These potatoes had WAY too much garlic for my taste. Serious overkill. My husband said it was “good”, but he also doused it with hot sauce and ketchup…so he obviously was masking something. Probably all that garlic. LOL. BUT, on the upside my sister and my little niece came over last night and ate some. They loved it! They both are garlic lovers, the more the better.

Also, the cook time was ridiculous! I cooked it at 350 for like 1 ½ hours. That was 25 degrees warmer and 45 minutes longer than what the recipe called for. If I had cooked it at 325 (per the instructions), it would have taken even longer to cook. I know it wasn’t the thickness of my potatoes, because I sliced them very thin using a mandolin, so they were all uniform in thickness. This recipe just wasn’t to my liking.  I may try to make scalloped potatoes again, minus half the garlic.


Sources w/ Ratings:      Three Cheese Garlic Scalloped Potatoes ~ 3 forks
                                               Salmon Croquettes (Me!, original recipe) ~ 5 forks

Awesomely Delicious Salmon Croquettes
Yields 9 croquettes

Ingredients:
18 ozs of canned Pink Salmon, drained (I used 3, 6 oz cans of the boneless & skinless Pink Salmon)
2 eggs, beaten
2 green onions, finely chopped
small handful of fresh flat leaf parsley, finely chopped
1 cup of Italian bread crumbs
1 good squeeze of fresh lemon juice, to taste
1-2 Tbsp of lite sour cream (start with 1 Tbsp, then add more to get the correct consistency)
Old Bay seasoning, to taste (approx 1 tsp)
fresh ground black pepper, to taste (approx ½ tsp)
½ cup of Panko bread crumbs
small amount of vegetable oil, for frying

Directions:
Using a fork, flake apart the Salmon in a medium sized bowl. Add the beaten eggs, green onions, parsley, Italian bread crumbs, lemon juice, sour cream, Old Bay and black pepper. Form into 9 patties and dust with Panko bread crumbs. Don’t make the patties to thick or they will take longer to cook.

Place the patties into the refrigerator until the oil heats up. Cooling the patties also help them keep their shape while frying.

Over medium heat, heat oil in medium skillet. Put 3 patties into the skillet. Fry until golden brown, 2 minutes on each side. Repeat two more times, cooking 3 patties at a time.

**If you use my recipe in your blog, please cite appropriately.

Comments