Slow Cooker Smothered Pork Chops, Rice Cooker Macaroni and Cheese & Sautéed Collard Greens


Sunday – Slow Cooker Smothered Pork Chops, Rice Cooker Macaroni and Cheese & Sautéed Collard Greens

Very yummy meal. This was a true “Sunday dinner”. The pork chops were awesome. When I plated the meat, they didn’t really look like pork chops anymore since the meat fell off the bone! I didn’t have any bay leaves, so I omitted it and it was still very good. This did have a lot of prep work and even additional work prior to serving it, which was a bit more work than I usually like to do for a crockpot meal, but well worth it in this case.

The macaroni and cheese was a perfect match up with the greens and pork. I usually make the macaroni and cheese this was when I want to do a 20 minute version, and trust me, the tastes is identical to the oven baked kind. The only difference is that you won’t have a crispy top.

I love making my greens in this manor because I don’t like greens sopping in juice. So this cooks them, adds nice flavor and it’s the texture I like.

Source w/ Ratings: Slow Cooker Smothered Pork Chops ~ 4 forks
                              Rice Cooker Mac and Cheese ~4 forks
                              Sautéed Collard Greens ~ 5 forks (Me!, original recipe)

Sautéed Collard Greens

Ingredients:
1/2 medium yellow onion, finely diced
1 clove of garlic, minced
8 oz of 99% fat free, low sodium chicken broth
1 tsp red pepper flakes
5 dashes of seasoned rice vinegar
1 Tbsp Olive Oil
1 pound of collard greens
Salt and Pepper to taste

Directions:
Saute onion in a deep skillet with olive oil.  Once onion becomes translucent, add garlic and saute for a few minutes longer.

Reduce to medium heat.  Add chicken broth, red pepper flakes, salt & pepper.  Add greens and stir.  Add seasoned rice vinegar.  Stir.

Cover and steam for 20 minutes until it reaches the texture you like.  Stir every 5 minutes or so.

Serve warm.

**If you use my recipe in your blog, please cite appropriately.

Comments