Easy Low Carb Meatloaf Muffins

My plate is 1 meatball short... I ate one before I got the shot!
Ever since my husband heard his co-worker say "meatloaf muffins" he's been wanting me to make them. They taste exactly the same as my regular meatloaf, except it's now easier to transport for lunches and such. Anyways, here is my version of Meatloaf Muffins.  Of course, since we are still low carbing it, I made this slightly differently than I normally would have by replacing the bread crumbs with ground pork rinds. 

The only thing missing this time, which I normally add is the green bell peppers. We didn't have any and I didn't feel like going to the store. So, these are sans the peppers.  I made some cheesy cauliflower mash to go along with it. 

Source: Me!, Original Recipe
Rating - 5 forks

Ingredients:

2 lbs Extra Lean Ground Beef
3/4 cup of BBQ Pork Rinds, ground to a fine powder (measure after the pork rinds have been ground)
1/2 cup of small diced green peppers
1 envelope of Onion Soup Mix
1 extra large egg
3 Tbsp of Ketchup
2 tsp of Worcester Sauce
Pepper to taste

Instructions:  Preheat oven at 350.  Mix everything in a bowl. Careful, don't over mix! Use a ice cream scoop to make the same size "muffin" for each cup.  Bake for 25-30 minutes depending on your oven.

Makes 12.



Comments