Product Review | Ling Ling Asian Chicken Lettuce Wraps


I don't use meal kits very often, but my husband and I were wondering around the Costco freezer section last weekend and saw this meal kit, by Ling-Ling. I was a bit leery but since it only cost about $9, I said, "Okay, lets try it"!  It actually was pretty good. 

Did I feel it was a good purchase? Yes, sort of. Would I purchase it again? No, I'll make it myself. 

I liked that it was super quick to throw together when you're short on time. I liked that it's pretty low carb if you leave off the fried noodles they included.  This is perfect if you don't have time to do your own food prep, ie. tons of dicing. Cook this on the stove top in for about 10 minutes on a high heat, add fresh iceberg lettuce and you're ready to go!

I cooked up the entire box. It said the whole box would serve 8 people. It was split into two sets of packages meant for 4 people each.  But I think that's an appetizer serving size. If you're eating this as a meal, I'd say the entire box serves 4 people. Which is still a very good deal for $9!

My main issue was that there were WAY to many onions! Over kill seriously.  It was good, but with proper planning, I can make it from scratch with less sodium! And it will probably taste better because it's all fresh ingredients.

Rating: 3 forks

Comments